Trash and Recycling Service
NOTE: This new trash service will begin in April, 2019. The first pickup will take place Friday, April 5th
Trash and Recycling service is offered to all residents of TRSHOA.
- Trash service is included in your HOA dues. If you are a new resident, you should find your trash bin in your garage. Contact our Managing Agent if you do not have a trash bin.
- Recycling is a separate, paid service offered to anyone who chooses to participate. If you are interested in signing up for recycling service, contact Springs Waste Systems directly. Please see the Recycling section below for more information.
Both services are provided by Springs Waste Systems.
Trash service is included in your HOA dues. New residents should find their trash tote in the garage. If you don't have, or can't find, your trash tote, please contact our Managing Agent
The standard (95-gallon) black tote holds as much as three regular 30 gallon household trash cans. Our trash provider allows as many as three extra bags, or a 30 gallon can, outside of the tote, and any yard waste that fits in the tote.
Trash is picked up every Friday.
Springs Waste Systems has six trash holidays:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
If any of these holidays falls on a weekday, that day’s collection will be one day late, as will the remainder of the service days that week. This means that any holiday that falls on a weekday will push the remaining trash service out by one day, so our Friday pickup will actually be collected on Saturday when there is a holiday earlier in the week. All other holidays are considered regular schedule.
Residents are allowed to sign up directly with Springs Waste Systems for recycling service. Residents will be billed directly by Springs Waste Systems for recycling, and will receive a blue 65-gallon recycling tote. Please contact them directly if you would like to sign up for recycling service. The service is $6/mo, billed quarterly. Note that this is slightly more expensive than what Springs Waste Systems lists on their website; however, our neighborhood is slightly outside of their normal service area, thus the extra dollar per month.
Recycling is collected every Friday, right alongside trash service.
Here is a list of items allowed and not allowed in the blue recycling bins:
Paper products taken:
- Office paper
- Newsprint (all sections of the paper can be recycled including inserts/ads)
- Magazines and phone books
- Junk mail (including envelopes with windows)
- Chipboard (Including cereal boxes, soda carrier boxes, paper towel and toilet paper tubes)
- Paper egg cartons and paper bags
- Be sure to flatten all cardboard.
- Please no pieces larger than two feet by two feet.
Paper products not taken:
- Pizza boxes
- Shredded paper
- Wax lined cardboard
- Hard cover books
- Used paper towels/toilet paper
Metal products taken:
- Most steel, tin and aluminum
- Food and beverage containers are acceptable.
- Please rinse out before placing in bin. Labels do not need to be removed.
Metal products not taken:
- Scrap metal
- Plastics #1 through #7. To check, just look at the bottom of the container. There will be a number inside a triangle. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Milk/juice jugs
- Liquid detergent bottles/cleaning supply bottles
- Water, juice and soda bottles
- Dairy product containers
- Shampoo and personal hygiene bottles
- Condiment and peanut butter containers
- Please rinse out all of your containers before depositing them in the bin.
Plastics not taken:
- Plastic bags
- Styrofoam of any kind
- Plastic plates
- Plastic egg cartons
- Six pack ring holders
- Plastic lids
- All clean glass used for food or beverages are acceptable
- Examples: fruit and pickle jars, beer and wine bottles
Glass not taken:
- Light bulbs
- Window glass
- Plate glass