Architectural Approval

Trail Ridge South / South Valley is a covenant-controlled community. This is primarily because we desire to keep home values as high as we possibly can. We do this by establishing and enforcing covenant controls which manage most things which could impact your neighbors' home values. Note that the goal of covenant controls is not to keep your home value high; this happens incidentally. The goal of covenant controls are to ensure that your actions do not adversely impact your neighbor's home values.

One of the ways in which we do that is to manage the external appearance of homes. We strive to keep a neat, uniform appearance, in keeping with the original design concepts of the neighborhood, while still allowing advancements in materials and craftsmanship to improve the home. Again, the rules are not in place to prevent you from making changes to your home. The rules are in place to ensure changes you make to your home do not negatively affect the rest of the neighborhood.

To that end, we have a process in place to get approvals for changes to the exterior of your home, and we have an Architectural Approval Committee (AAC) in place to review those changes. The AAC can be a person or a group of people, as determined by the Board. At this time, the AAC is the Board.

To Get Approvals for Exterior Changes

There are a few steps needed to getting approval for the changes to the exterior of your home:

  1. Read and review the HOA's Rules and Regulations which you can find in the Files section. Pay special attention to Paragraph 3 (Architectural Approval Authority) and Paragraph 16 (Landscaping Policy), but there are guidelines for homeowners throughout.
  2. Download the ACC Form from the Files section of this website and fill it out. Be sure to attach supporting documentation (i.e. if you are painting, be sure to attach a paint "chit" which shows your paint color, or if you are re-doing landscaping, be sure to attach your lot plan and your new landscaping design).
  3. Submit the form to the Board. You can do this in a number of ways:
    1. Scan the forms and email them to our Managing Agent (whose contact information you can find on the Home page). If you are painting, please provide a link to your paint color and where it can be purchased, so the Board can review a paint chit.
    2. Fax the documents to our Managing Agent's attention at (719) 471-1707. Again, if painting, please provide your paint color and where it can be purchased.
    3. Mail the documents to our Managing Agent's attention at BSR Communities. The mailing address can be found on the Home page. If you are painting, please remember to include paint chits in your submission.
  4. The Board will review your AAC request at their next scheduled Board meeting and the Managing Agent will be back in touch with you to provide you with further guidance.

Please do not schedule or commence work until your approval has been granted. We would hate to have you start a project only to be required to make changes to keep it in line with community guidelines.